Sigma Delta Lambda Sorority, Inc. is a service and social organization of collegiate and alumnae women committed to providing a support network geared to women, specifically Latinas. We hope to aid in the retention of women and people of color in higher education. We encourage interaction with other Greek organizations, the university, the local community, and most importantly, the minority population. Sigma Delta Lambda also holds high academic expectations for its members in order to help them succeed in life.
It is the vision of Sigma Delta Lambda to be an exceptional sorority that everlastingly upholds the ideals of well-rounded women in all her members.
“Together We Rise through Education, Loyalty and Pride.”
Sigma Delta Lambda’s philanthropy is At-Risk Youth. We encourage interaction with the local community, and most importantly the minority population.
Sigma Delta Lambda takes great pride in the contributions that is collegiate entities have given to empower At-Risk Youth through out the years. The following are a few community service awards presented to various SDL chapters:
- Recognized by the Texas State University-San Marcos Greek community
- Recognized by the San Marcos Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce
- Recognized by the State of Texas
- Most outstanding community service program- “Youth Summit” Conference (Alpha Chapter)
- Most community service hours completed by any Greek organization (Alpha Chapter)
- Recognition for individual members with 100+ hours in one year