About the Sigma Delta Lambda Alumnae Association
Sigma Delta Lambda is a lifelong commitment. As each sister is initiated into Sigma Delta Lambda, she makes a lifelong commitment to her sorority. The Sigma Delta Lambda Alumnae Association gives sisters the opportunity to keep the traditions of SDL alive and to give back to the future of SDL.
Alumnae Association Mission & Purpose:
The mission of the Alumnae Association is to establish active membership among alumnae in good standing. Our purpose is to continue begin active and welcome new participating members. We continue to support undergrad members and their collegiate endeavors. In addition, we continue to increase our efforts to gain recognition and respect for Sigma Delta Lambda in our communities.
Alumnae Association Goals:
- Provide a foundation for our collegiate members after graduation
- The Alumnae Association will officially establish active alumnae status for every fiscal year (August 1st through July 31st)
- Unite and promote a diverse and friendly environment that influences the women in Sigma Delta Lambda Sorority, Inc.
- To continue promoting academic excellence and service among all members, and the minority population
- Encourage sisters to continue to become well-rounded individuals through leadership, business development, mentorship, sisterhood and community service opportunities
- To educate the youth on higher education and the use of community resources
As a member of the Alumnae Association, sisters are:
- Encouraged to participate and vote at Annual Business Meetings
- Encouraged to attend formal and informal AA events
- Eligible to hold an Executive Council position
- Able to serve as a Collegiate Chapter/Colony Advisor
- Participate in the sorority’s expansion process